The long-awaited Poco F3 and the Poco X3 Pro are now official. Poco unveiled both of them today, March 22. Poco F3 is the company’s first flagship for the year 2021. The Poco X3 Pro is an upper mid-ranger that became the first to make use of the new Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 860 SoC.
Snapdragon 860 is a new Chipset from Qualcomm but it performs the same as the last year’s flagship Snapdragon 855+ Chipset. Poco X3 Pro copies the exact design of its younger brother, the Poco X3, which was unveiled a few months back. The Poco F3 on the other hand copies almost the same design as the Redmi K40.
Poco X3 Pro comes with a copper heat pipe and multiple layers of graphite meant to efficiently dissipate the heat on heavy usage occasions and the company called this LiquidCool Technology 1.0 Plus.
About the Poco F3, the interesting feature of the phone is that it has an X-axis vibration motor and Dolby Atmos-tuned dual speakers – one on the bottom, the other right behind the earpiece grille. There is also a triple microphone array that in theory can pick up 360-degree surround sound and allows you to shoot videos with the Poco F3, with the audio zoomed in on the object in focus.
Poco X3 Pro pricing
Poco X3 Pro comes in two configurations and they are priced as thus;
- 6GB RAM & 128GB ROM – €249
- 8GB RAM & 256GB ROM – €299
You have the option to select between three colors, Phantom Black, Frost Blue, and Metal Bronze.
Poco F3 pricing
The F3 comes with the exact storage configurations as the X3 Pro. Below are the prices based on configurations;
- 6GB RAM & 128GB ROM – €349
- 8GB RAM & 256GB ROM – €399
You can get it in three colors which are Arctic White, Night Black, and Deep Ocean Blue. Both the F3 and X3 Pro have an early bird offer. You can get each storage configuration with a €50 discount and it is valid from March 27 and April 6.
Poco X3 Pro key specs & Features
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10, up to 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla 6 protection
- Up to 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 860 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth, and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 165.3×76.8×9.4mm; Weight: 215g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5160mAh battery with 33W fast charging
Poco F3 Key specs & Features
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP (3cm-7cm) telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging
Samsung Galaxy M22 unveiled, brings 90Hz refresh rate and more
The Samsung Galaxy M22 budget smartphone has been unveiled in Germany. It comes with a square-shaped camera module at the rear and a ‘U’ notch display. The display measures 6.4 inches with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels.
It is a Super AMOLED panel with a 90Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, it is powered by the MediaTek Helio G80 chipset that has an octa-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz. The phone has 4GB RAM and 128GB ROM.
There is a memory card slot for expansion up to 1TB. The main camera is 48-megapixels with f/2.0 aperture, there is 8-megapixels ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture, 2-megapixels macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
On the front, it has a 13-megapixel selfie camera with an f/2.2 aperture. Both the front and the back camera can record videos in 1080p@30fps. It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and the battery capacity is 5000mAh which supports 25W fast charging.
- See Samsung Galaxy M22 specs in detail
Samsung has not revealed the price of the Galaxy M22 but we expect it to be priced at $235, similar to the Galaxy M12.
First images of the Tecno Camon 18 shows up online
Tecno is preparing for the Camon 18 series launch. The series is expected to debut this month or early October. Ahead of the launch, Gizmochina has shared the renders of the upcoming Camon 18. The Camon 18 appears to have a triple camera setup at the rear with a quad flash.
It has a classy-chrome inspired colour finish which looks attractive. From the camera module, we can see that the smartphone will come with a 60X zoom capability. The cameras on the rear will have f/1.6 to f/3.5 aperture and lens between 16-135mm.
The phone will also have a side-mounted fingerprint scanner on the right spine. The front of the display wasn’t shared so we cannot ascertain the type of display it will be using, whether a punch-hole or a pill-shaped display.
Specs of Tecno Camon 18 Premier
The specs of the Camon 18 Premier was previously tipped. It is said to come with a 108MP main camera. There will be an ultra-wide lens and a telephoto lens. On the front, it will come with a 6.8-inch AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate.
There will be 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. A micro SD card slot will be available should you wish to expand the storage. It will be powered by the MediaTek Helio G96 chipset, paired with Android 11 OS based on HIOS 8 user interface.
It is said to arrive with a 5000mAh battery that charges under 55 minutes, thanks to the 40W charging support. The Camon 18 Premier is expected to have a 32MP selfie camera.
Infinix Zero X series is now official, brings 108MP camera, 120Hz, 60X telephoto
Infinix has finally unveiled its all-new Zero X series smartphone which include the Zero X Neo, Zero X, and the Zero X Pro. These are the first smartphones from the company to come with 5X optical and 60X digital zoom lenses.
They are also the first to come with a 120Hz screen refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. The Zero X and the Zero Pro has almost the same specifications but differs in primary camera.
The Zero X Pro comes with a 108-megapixel main camera with optical image stabilisation while the Zero X comes with a 64-megapixels main camera with optical image stabilisation. Aside from these, the rest of the specifications are the same.
Specs of the Infinix Zero X and the Zero X Pro
These two smartphones come with a 6.67-inch AMOLED with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a 120Hz refresh rate with 700 nits peak brightness. Under the hood, they are powered by the MediaTek Helio G95 chipset, paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM.
There is a micro-SD slot for storage extension up to 512GB. They run on the Android 11 operating system based on XOS 7.6 user interface. In terms of camera, we have mentioned the primary cameras of the phones above so the rest of the camera includes 8-megapixels ultra-wide (also acts as a macro sensor) and an 8-megapixels periscope telephoto lens.
On the front, they have a 16-megapixels selfie camera with dual flash. They use an under-display fingerprint sensor and what is keeping the light on is a 4500mAh battery capacity that supports 45W fast charging.
Infinix revealed that the 45W charger can take the device from 0% to 40% in 15 minutes. They also revealed that the phone will receive an OTA update later which will come with Memory Fusion technology that virtually takes 3GB from the internal storage of the phone and adds it to the RAM to improve efficiency.
For gamers, the company revealed that the Zero X series has a heat pipe thermal module 2.0.3 that disperses heat when gaming.
Specifications of Zero X Neo
The Infinix Zero X Neo comes with a bigger 6.78-inch display but it is an IPS LCD panel with a 90Hz refresh rate and a resolution of 1080 x 2460 pixels. It is still powered by the MediaTek Helio G95 chipset, paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM.
It comes with a 48-megapixels main camera, 8-megapixels telephoto lens, and 2-megapixels depth sensor. On the front, it has a 16-megapixels selfie camera. What is keeping the light on is a 5000mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging.
- See Infinix Zero X Neo specs in full.
Infinix has not yet revealed the prices of the smartphones but it may be priced similar to the Phantom X which is $555.