OnePlus has started rolling out stable Android 11 updates via OxygenOS 11 to the OnePlus 6 and 6T smartphones. They earlier released the Android 11 beta update to the OnePlus 6 and 6T users to collect complaints and issues.
Now it seems like everything is okay and they are releasing the stable version of the update. Although, they did mention that the update is going in stages, what that means is that it is being rolled out to a limited number of users.
If there are no issues, then they will broaden the rollout. The update brings refreshed UI design, updated camera UI, adds a shortcut for Dark Mode, and has brought in Insight clock style, Canvas feature, and a bunch of improvements to Game Space. Full changelog below:
Oneplus 6 and 6T Android 11 update via OxygenOS 11
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter